Following Atticus: Forty-Eight High Peaks, One Little Dog, and an Extraordinary Friendship by Tom Ryan is published by William Morrow. It tells the story of my adventures with Atticus M. Finch, a little dog of some distinction. You can also find our column in the NorthCountry News.

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

4,000-Footer Map for Following Atticus

This map was created by Jackson, New Hampshire artist Kathy Speight Kraynak specifically for our book. It was my hope that she could put down on paper something that could capture a bit of the magic of our White Mountains so that people who don't reside here, or simply don't know much about them, could have something to refer to while reading Following Atticus. From the first time I saw it I knew I made the right choice in working with Kathy for she surpassed my expectations with this beautiful drawing. It will be located in the endpapers of the book.

3 comments:

Philip Werner said...

Looks great. I like the bears and moose on it.

Thomas F. Ryan said...

Thanks, Philip. Good to have you back! Hope you had a great time on walkabout.

Eric N said...

Is this map available for purchase as a poster / print?

Thanks!
Eric